The Arc Recreation Club is a social recreation club for adults aged 18
& older with developmental disabilities. The club provides
fun and engaging community outings in the Portland area several
times per month. Through its activities, the Recreation Club strives
to promote self-confidence, positive relationships, and a sense
of belonging among its members. And, oh yeah…we also just
have a whole lot of fun!
Recent club outings include:
- Karaoke Night
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- Saturday Market
- Movie Matinee
- And much more!
The club is self-directed;
that is, members help pick activities for the group through facilitated
brainstorming sessions. Here's a bit more information:
- To join, you must become a member of The Arc of Multnomah -
Clackamas. You must pay the $12 annual membership
fee. This will give you access to all Recreation Club activities.
- Members must be at least 18 years of age, but there is no
- Any additional costs associated with club outings are the responsibility
of the individual (such as movie tickets, admission fees, etc.).
- Members should have the ability to manage their own behavior
without instruction from others, and should have the ability to
start and continue conversations with other members.
- All activities and outings are staffed by Arc employees and
- All activities and outings are staffed by trusted Arc
volunteers who have a long history with the club and its
members. Arc volunteers have completed extensive criminal
history and reference checks.
Questions? Call the Recreation Club message line at
503-223-7279 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer will contact
you as soon as possible.*
*Please note that
our volunteers do their best to check messages and may not be able to
return messages on the same day. Please be patient and we will get back